Friday, September 21, 2007

Birthday 9/9/07


For my birthday, we had a cake, pastries, and ice cream cones. The three of us felt fairly sick after trying to eat some of each after having eaten a lot already. However, the house staff seems to have enjoyed the gorging and going into sugar shock afterwards, especially since the beginning of Ramadan (a month of daily fasting during daylight hours) was approaching in just a few days. I didn’t make a big deal of the day, trying to forget (at least for a time) that I was starting a new decade of my life. However, I named this the decade of finishing things.

4 comments:

Boomer Angst said...

The decade of finishing things--I like that!

Mom

Monica Burns said...

Happy Birthday...I hear you on the new decade, but I've a feeling I'm WAY ahead of you in the decade department. LOL

Great pictures. You DEFINITELY are your mom's daughter! *grin*

Monica

Unknown said...

There's nothing like an Abydos Birthday. I hope that you had a happy and memorable one.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday (late, I know)! Sorry I've been out of touch.